St Helena IEG Covid-19 Home Quarantine Progress Update
December 10, 2020
Members of the St Helena Incident Executive Group (IEG) joined Tammy Williams on the Mid-Morning Show of Thursday 10th December 2020 to provide an update on the proposed Covid-19 Home Quarantine processes from the January 2021 flight.
IEG members present were Cllr’s Derek Thomas, & Clint Beard, Chief of Police David Price, Senior Medical Officer Dr Kumar Tanyan and a member of the Proper Officers Team Geogina Young.
- Risk Assessments
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Rationale for Home Quarantine (HQ), How Covid-19 is transmitted, how St Helena’s HQ, PPE processes are stricter.
- Public Information – Lack of communication – Communications Officer appointment.
- Police HQ processes, request for factual reporting, no evidence of HQ rules contraventions to date.
- HQ Security, proposed security team to support Police monitoring.
- Readiness, Testing, Medical Capabilities, Case Management Oxygen Supply and O2 plant funded by HMG now on order.
- IEG Meeting on Monday 14th December to review all proposed procedures etc, and decision on whether HQ will be implemented with January Flight.